Friday, January 20, 2012

Indiana

Here I am sitting in a soft bed, snow falling heavy outside my window, on the third floor of a hotel in Ft. Wayne, Indiana.  A beloved aunt, Nelda (Houser) McNery, has gone home to be with the Lord.  Tis a time of great sadness, and joy was well for her 14 year fight with cancer is over and she is well now in heaven.  Why and how did I get to Indiana from Thoreau, NM?  First by train to visit my adopted and birth families, then when word of Nel's death came, Dad and I drove the 14 hours to get here taking turns driving and sleeping.

Once here, while we were unloading the car, I got a call from Rob.  One of the beloved pups, the girl called Nizhonii, is dead.  How we have no clue, though I had my worries for she seemed to have stopped growing.  He  barried her in the backyard.  I shall put a good marker on her grave upon my return to New Mexico.

After changing here at the hotel, Dad and I went driving acrossed Ft. Wayne.  What an adventure that turned out to be.  Between going and coming to the church, we went passed the same gas station 4 times.  Yes we got lost a few times.  LOL.  But then if it was not snowing so hard it would not have been an issue.  The gathering at the church was good.  Twas the first time I realized no one sees me as a kid anymore.  Last time I was out here most still did.  Wow.  Being 29 sure changes many things.

Tonight, I drowned my sadness in a pool of salt water.  Twas good to at last be swimming again.  If I can I shall again come morrning.  The laps felt good, and refeshed my soul.  So did the cold mt. dew, my treat to myself...a guilty pleasure with all the stress and sadness of the day.

The Lord gives and the Lord takes away, blessed be the NAME of the Lord.

~ Traveller Gal, out!


No comments:

Post a Comment