Wednesday, January 25, 2012

In Kansas...


Five weeks on the plains. 

I love my family, both birth and adopted.  I love our friends.  I love getting to see everyone and catching up on what has been happening for them and for us.  LOL, what I dont love is the "big city"  and the Kansas prairie.... I hate alergies.

It has been good to be off the field for so long, it let me know just how much Dine Bikeyah is really home.  I knew my health does not like Kansas in the summer, but I did not know that my body is just not built for the prairies.  Thank the Lord for creating green tea, it helps me SOO much!

But in all honesty, I have been learning alot about my faith and my calling while out here.  I have come to see myself not just as a teenager (even though I haven't been one for 9 years), but as a woman of 29 years.  I have realized my heart is in serving on the rez, and that in that my heart is for mentoring youth and children.  I have also realized my passion is for raising the awareness for the needs out on the missions field, especially on the reservations and reserves.  Even though I have been called for a long time, even though I have been ministering on the reservation for nearly 2 years, alot of things are becoming much clearer now than ever before.  Praise the Lord for that!

~ Traveller Gal, out!

No comments:

Post a Comment