Friday, February 25, 2011

Kinlinidi


Called Kinlinidi, meaning many homes, by the Dine, but the pioneers called it Flagstaff after the make shift flag staff they made out of a tall tree in 1876.  Nested in the remains of a ancient volcano at a height of nearly 7,000 feet, a tent city was formed in 1881, and by the coming of the railroad in 1882, it was officially a town called Flagstaff. 

It is this dreamy little mountain town is where I have settled down for a time, as my husband attends college here.  Flagstaff is the home of NAU, as well as some small private colleges, like the one where my husband attends.  I love going downtown and shopping at all the unique shops, with bicycle shops and camping stores everywhere around town, and about as many antique shops to explore, I adore this town!

~ Traveller Gal, out!

No comments:

Post a Comment