Sunday, March 6, 2011

No Battery and Coming Rain...


Last summer, I traded my beloved 1984 Ford F-150, Tsalagi, with my Dad, for his 1997 Dodge Dakota called "Gypsy Dakota".  Thursday, I went out to pick up food for our weekend trip to Toh Di'neesh Zhee (Kayenta), but "Gypsy Dakota" would not start.  I checked the connections, but they were tight.  I jumped her, but she did not jump.  So now, we have to get a ride in to the shop and prayerfully, they honor the warranty, and trade us batteries.


The truck being down, has us walking about town more, and for the first time in our 9 months here, I am beginning to feel like I am beginning to know our neighborhood.  We live in Sunnyside, which is in east Flagstaff . We are just a few blocks from our grocery store, a short walk to the barber, a long walk to the indoor Farmer's Market, and long walk to walmart.  Even more fun though, we are a short walk to Big Lots.   Soon, I will go hunting for parks, so we can spend more time outside.  I am looking for seeds for our garden, and trusting the spring rain that is coming will melt the snow on the raised beds.


How I long at this time of year, that I had a good bicycle.  My last bike, "Meg" *la sigh*, had to be left in Chicago when we moved.  I so miss the wind in my face and the puddles splashing under my wheels.  That, and with the cost of gas these days, I could sure save alot...  May haps I need to be looking for a new bike for my travels?


~ Traveller Gal, out!

No comments:

Post a Comment