Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Day Without Shoes

Yesterday, was international day with out shoes.  Some of us here at college went all day without shoes.  From day light to sunset, I walked everywhere shoe less, even acrossed the sharp red lava rocks that make up our drive way and the parking at college.  It was hard!  And here I am someone that goes barefoot every chance I get....  My feet were killing me by the end of the day... but I did not give up and did it.

Why would a nice American woman do this for a whole day?  Because there are 100's of  Millions of Children around the world at risk of injury, infections, and sole transmitted diseases that they cant afford to treat.  Why?  Because they cannot even afford a simple pair of shoes!  I don't have a lot of money, and live below poverty level myself.  But I can do this to raise awareness for these children.


But Jesus said,  "Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven." - Matt. 19:14


~ Traveller Gal, out!

No comments:

Post a Comment