Friday, February 28, 2003

Year of Sorrow...


As I sit at the computer transcribing a letter for my mom about my “uncle” Phil’s death last October 27th, it comes to mind why it seems I am just awaking from a bad dream. I lost 5 people and my dog in six months time. On top of that, my mom, dad, and grandma all had cancer scares in that same time too. Praise be to God that non of them had cancer.

I could not believe it the Thursday, July 25th, when Kevin Duncan called my dad. From the sound of his voice I knew it was something bad. When my mom walked in and told me Samuel Meadows had died in a motorcycle accident, I could not believe it. I ran down stairs and cried for an hour praying God would restore life to my elder “brother”, as I counted Sam to be. Finally, about two hours after I quit praying that, I went to my room and drew a picture.  I cried till no tears would fall.  Numbness set in...

Next would come the loss of my dog Wolfy.

Then my Uncle Bob McNary passed away after his liver transplant.

My “uncle” Phil Richards (he was my mom’s cousin, and since his parents death 10 years ago, he has been a brother).

A young mother was killed in a car accident in November.

On December 5th, I lost one of my grown cousins, Bobby Jo, in a car crash.
Needless to say, for sometime I have been somewhat numb. Add to that my health battles, and my battles the past 4 months at work, and it is no wonder I feel I am just waking up again.

~ Morria

No comments:

Post a Comment